Recent advances have suggested that steroid hormones such as estrogens, and gut microbiota might synergize to influence obesity, diabetes, and cancer. We discuss recent knowledge of the interactions between estrogens and gut microbiota, and new insights that might offer new approaches to influence this crosstalk and improve metabolic outcomes. Link
Estrogen and Microbiota Crosstalk: Should We Pay Attention?
- Bazedoxifene and conjugated estrogen combination maintains metabolic homeostasis and benefits liver health
- Estrogens and female liver health
- Non-Nuclear Estrogen Receptor Activation Improves Hepatic Steatosis in Female Mice.
- Estrogen receptor-α and aryl hydrocarbon receptor involvement in the actions of botanical estrogens in target cells.
- Design of pathway preferential estrogens that provide beneficial metabolic and vascular effects without stimulating reproductive tissues